Ever since Lamb was born the one brand we have continuously used is Tommee Tippee. From their Essentials First Cup that cost me 99p in Aldi, to their Closer to Nature Essentials Starter Kit (which includes their electric steriliser and electric bottle warmer). Tommee Tippee remains a brand well used in our house.
For that reason I’ve decided to share with you my top 5 products from Tommee Tippee that we have used with Lamb. I’m also going to throw one in there that we didn’t use, but had it have been available when Lamb was a baby I would have jumped at the chance of using one.
1. The Tommee Tippee Essentials products are fab. You can get these in most supermarkets or drug stores, or even amazon. Personally I bought all of mine in Aldi while they were having a baby event and paid a lot less than the normal RRP. In this range you can buy the first cup, plates, bowls and spoons, in either orange, blue or pink. We are still using all of these products and Lamb is 2 1/2!
2. Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Healthcare Kit. I’ll be honest, I haven’t used everything in this kit. For example the nasal aspirator and the toothbrush (we bought a separate one and just never used this one). However having the kit in the cupboard has been really useful. I regularly use the nail clippers and scissors, and with the rate Lamb’s hair grows, he often needs a good brush through! The kit also comes with a thermometer which is obviously an essential for a child. I’m well known for losing things. The kit zips up and stays in our medicine cupboard and so far I’ve only had to replace the nail scissors! 😉
3. When I was pregnant with Lamb I knew I wanted to do everything I could be make my life a little easier once he arrived. That meant an electric steriliser and bottle warmer. The Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Essentials Starter Kit was exactly what we needed. We used absolutely everything n the kit, and are still using the larger bottles now! Ok, I know, Lamb shouldn’t be using bottles and I’m working on that.
4. When I was pregnant with Lamb my plan was to breastfeed, as well as express and freeze my milk to build up a supply and to allow Daddy to feed him too. Unfortunately Lamb couldn’t latch, as much as I tried he just couldn’t do it, and he was a hungry baby feeding every 2 hours, so it was getting rather tiring. I used nipple shields for a couple of weeks, then decided to exclusively express and feed him with a bottle. I first began with the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Electric Breast Pump but it broke a couple of times so instead of spending more money I borrowed their manual pump from my sister-in-law. It was amazing! I was so lucky and had a huge milk supply, so I found the manual pump just as good, if not better than the electric pump. If you’re thinking of using a breast pump, my advice would be to wait until you’ve given birth and see how you get on with breastfeeding first. You might not even need a breast pump!
5. Finally we have the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Perfect Prep machine. I haven’t actually used this, so this isn’y a review. I have, however read many a positive review, watched demonstations and generally love the product from what I’ve seen. This is a product I wish I had for Lamb once we had moved over to formula and I will definitely be getting ne if we have another baby! After my experience with breastfeeding Lmab, I am going to obviously try with my second, however will be combination feeding as I find that the best way for our family.
Tommee Tippee’s latest campaign #ParentOn is all about trusting your instincts. You’d be surprised how much you know as a mum, whether it’s your first time or tenth time! Remember the older generation in our family didn’t have google to turn to for help and advice. Yes, we are lucky to have access to 24 hour help, but don’t be sucked into the depths of the internet. Trust your instincts.