Today is the 1st of March which means one thing. Lamb turns 3 this month! It’s crazy to think I’ll have a 3 year old. We all say it don’t we, but time really does fly when you become a parent. I can’t say I’m sad about him turning 3 because I absolutely love the age he’s at and wouldn’t wish him to be a baby again, I love him exactly how he is. Of course, if time would slow down a little I’d be rather grateful 😉
You may know already that Lamb is obsessed with The Avengers. His obsessed began after we visited Madame Tussauds in London and he saw The Hulks huge fist. Well, we think that’s where the obsession began anyway!
We have booked his birthday party at our local soft play centre and of course it is Avengers themed. You can see my plans in this Avengers birthday party post.
We are actually buying Lamb a mid sleeper cabin bed for his birthday so he won’t be getting many presents from us, although the grandparents are chipping in as it’s a pretty expensive bed! He still has plenty of toys from Christmas to play with so there’s no need to go overboard. plus with baby number 2 arriving 2 months later we need to keep the house as clutter free as possible. Good luck Alex.
We of course want him to have a few presents to open on the morning of his birthday so I’ve had a look on Amazon for a few things to buy him.
1. First up is this Marvel Avengers Pop Up Game. As he’s only turing 3 it’s hard to find games that he can understand and concentrate on. I think this is perfect for his age as it’s a simple roll the dice and move your counter game. Whether he follows the rules or not I’m sure he will love playing with it!
2. Lamb loves puzzles so what better than this Disney Avengers Puzzle Set! There’s 10 designs each with 25 pieces, so nothing difficult and nice and quick to complete. I picked up a Spiderman puzzle from a charity shop and it’s even to hard for me to complete!
3. To go with his bunk bed we have bought Lamb a single duvet and pillow and an Avengers Duvet Set. We’ve actually given him his duvet set early as a way of getting him to sleep in his room (he much prefers co-sleeping) however this hasn’t worked as well I had hoped. Fingers crossed he loves his bunkbed!
4. Lamb already has the Marvel Hulk and Iron Man Play-Doh so we will be buying him the Marvel Captain American and Spiderman Vehicles Play-Doh to go with it. He loves Play-Doh (mummy doesn’t) and I can just picture his face when he opens this.
5. We bought him the Mr Potato Head Marvel Mixable Mashable Super Hero Collector Pack for Christmas and it’s probably the best present we’ve ever bought him. He gets hours of fun mix up the Marvel characters. I’ve found these bigger versions on Amazon and can’t resist getting them for him. I think I’ll get him the Mr. Potato Head Captain America Figure
and the Mr. Potato Head Thor Action Figure.
6. To go with the rest of his Toy Story figures we’ve bought him a Toy Story Talking Jessie. Even though he doesn’t play with his woody as much as some of his other toys he still wants Jessie as he thinks she’s Woody’s girlfriend! I can’t be bothered to explain she actually ends up with Buzz! I’m sure he’ll work it out when he’s older! 😉
7. I picked up a Marvel Avengers Cotton Towel for Lamb from B&M Bargains as he has outgrown the hooded baby towels and soon these will be used for hi baby brother! He has a couple of bigger towels, but you can never have enough, especially when it can be used as a beach towel also.
8. Has anyone else got a toddler obsessed with Mashems? We all of a sudden have! He’s been loving surprise eggs for ages, then I randomly bought him a mashem last week and now he’s obsessed! The problem is he’s got the same one 3 times and it’s a total waste of money! I’ve bought him 3 Paw Patrol mashems (£2.99 each!) and he got Zuma in every one! I’ve found this packet of Paw Patrol Mashems on Amazon and would much rather spend £15.99 to make sure he has each character, than end up with any more Zumas!
9. Lamb has collected almost all of the Fireman Sam vehicles and only has a few left to get. He really loves them so I’m happy to buy the less popular ones like this Fireman Sam Quad Bike. He also needs the Fireman Sam Neptune Boat and Fireman Sam Ambulance Vehicle.
I’m sure there’s plenty more I could add to but I’ll leave it there! I’ve already bought a couple of things from this list and need to order a few more. Not sure if he will be getting all of it as that will be quite pricey so I’ll have to speak to Daddy and figure out what we are buying him.
His Bambar will be buying him a big Iron Man and Captain America figure which are on offer in Smyths at the moment (reduced from £24.99 to £15 each) and his other grandparents are paying towards his new bed.
*Contains affiliate links.