2014 has been a very lucky year for me. It gets to this time of year when some people begin saying things like “I can’t wait to see the back of 2014”. Well, I definitely don’t feel like that, and am very much looking forward to 2015.
The highlights of this year have been as follows…
- Starting Lamb & Bear with Vicky
- Celebrating Lamb’s first birthday
- Winning a competition on Facebook with the prize being £3000 worth of Invisalign treatment (still can’t believe I won this!)
- Watching our blog go from strength to strength and gaining an amazing amount of contacts and lovely followers
- Being chosen to be an official tester for the Mother & Baby 2015 awards and being sent some amazing products to test.
- My beautiful niece being born 4 days before my birthday.
- And, of course, ending the year on a high, my Wedding Day!
Not all of this is a result of luck, but I definitely feel luck was on my side this year.
Unfortunately, not everything has been a highlight, and we recently found out my other half is being made redundant 5 days before our wedding day. Some people may panic and see this as a major disaster. Financially, yes, this isn’t ideal. However, my other half hasn’t enjoyed his job for a very long time, he only stayed because he was paid well. He now has the opportunity to re-train in something he truly enjoys and can spend the rest of his working life waking up and looking forward to going to work. We will struggle for a few years, but are thinking positive and know this is the best thing for us long term. I will do everything I can to support him while he is training. As long as he is happy, that’s all that matters.
With luck in mind I thought I would share this content with you about bingo from Paddy Power. Bingo is a very familiar game to me, my Nan has being going to her local bingo hall for years. It’s a game for the whole family. I’ve been with her a few times and always have so much fun. It’s not just for the oldies!
After a year of feeling lucky, maybe I should be playing a little more bingo…
* this is a sponsored post