I was pretty sensible and kept all of my maternity clothes from my first pregnancy. Mainly because they were in great condition, I mean you only wear them for 9 months, plus while you’re losing the baby weight.
The dates of my first pregnancy are similar to my second, meaning I can wear the same clothes again. I don’t really care too much about ‘trends’ etc when I’m pregnant, it’s all about comfort. Of course I want to look nice, but wearing something on trend for just 9 months isn’t vital.
There a few things in my maternity wardrobe (old and new) that I love and recommend so I thought I’d share them with you incase you’re looking to buy some maternity bits.
- Topshop Leigh Jeans. These are by far my favourite maternity jeans. They are so damn comfortable, the fabric is super stretchy and they fit really well. I normally don’y buy trousersfrom Topshop as I’m super pear shaped and struggle to find the right fit, but the maternity Leigh’s are perfect for me. I’m currently wearing my size 12’s but by the end of my pregnancy I imagine I’ll be in 14’s (exactly what happened in my first pregnancy). I’ve got 4 pairs from my first pregnancy and I wear them daily.
- George at ASDA Maternity Tops. I bought these when I was pregnant with Lamb and they are perfect for this weather. Like most pregnant women I get really hot so I can wear these long sleeve tops under a jumper and if I get too hot I’ll take off a layer. They was really well, are nice and stretchy and really good value.
- New Look Maternity Checked Shirt (From ASOS). This is a new item in my maternity wardrobe which I bought to wear at Christmas. I didn;t want to waste my money on something too dressy up as I would only wear it once or twice. Personally, I think a checked shirt can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. I wore this with navy skinny jeans and Anna Klein leather boots, accessorised with a chunky necklace.
- Bravado Silk Seamless Nursing Bra. I was recently sent this bra to review and It’s amazing. It’s definitely the most comfortable nursing bra I’ve owned. It fits really well, washes really well and is easy to open and close for nursing (not that I’m nursing yet!) You can read my full review here.
- H&M MAMA Padded Jacket. I recently bought this coat in the H&M sale. Well, if you can call it a sale. There’s been a rail in my local store for months, same old crap, nothing worth looking at. Until a few weeks before Christmas they put this coat into the sale for £25. My pregnant friend bought it and of course I had to grab one. This time round I’m showing much earlier and my bump seems bigger so I had to invest some pennies into a maternity coat. Its super warm and super comfy.
What have been your best buys of maternity clothing?