This year I have been picked to be a Bostik Craft Blogger, and I’m thrilled. Little Lamb is at the age when he loves to draw, colour and paint and will happily do it every day if I let him!
For January we were asked to follow the theme of Chinese New Year and write about what we have made. Bostik were kind enough to provide us with a box of goodies to help us with our art & crafts. The contents of the box were themed around Chinese New Year, so most of the items were red, green and gold. I spent a couple of days with Lamb creating some new crafts that we haven’t tried before.
I will add at this point that Lamb is just under 2 years old, so we did our best to finish each craft to a standard where I can guide you on how to replicate it! Arts & crafts with a 2 year old is a challenge! Here goes…
The first craft is a Chinese New Year themed paper plate drum.
We began by decorating the red paper plate with glitter, sequins and fluffy balls. The more the better! Lamb loved getting messy with the PVA glue.
Let your little one go mad with the glitter and sequins. Cover the plate as much as you like. For the furry balls I used Bostik Glu Dots.
To make the drum simply attach small beads to the end of 2 pieces of string or wool. Stick a one to each side of the plate, and attach a stick for a handle.
You can then spin the plate from side to side allowing the beads to swing and hit each side of the plate, giving you your drumming sound!
Our second craft is a paper cup fire breathing dragon!
This is super simple to make so I’ll list the instructions in bullet points, then show you photos of the process and final piece.
- Paint a paper cup with green paint.
- Tear up strips of red and orange tissue paper.
- Once dry, attach the stripes of tissue paper to the inside of the cup, on one side only.
- Take some stick on eyes and glue them onto two fluffy balls for the dragons eyes. I used Bostik Glu Dots to do this.
- Attach to the outside of the cup on the opposite side to the tissue paper.
- Cut out the bottom of the cup.
- cut a small hole in the bottom of the cup to slot in a lollipop stick for a handle.
All you have to do is blow through the end of the cup and your dragon will breathe fire!
We have absolutely loved January’s Bostik crafting and can’t wait to share what we have been doing this month.
* The craft box was provided to me free of charge by Bostik as part of the Tots100/Bostik Craft Bloggers Club.