A campaign I’m more than happy to promote is ‘From a Mother to Another‘ with JoJo Maman Bebe. If you haven’t heard of this campaign before then here’s a little bit about it…
JoJo Maman Bebe are helping vulnerable families in the UK via the Trussell Trust’s food banks, and Syrian refugees living in Lebanon. Their aim is to get thousands of Mums and Dads involved in donating outgrown and unwanted children’s clothes; so your assistance is extremely valuable to the cause. They are collecting during the lead-up to Mother’s day from 2nd February to 5th March 2016.
As a thank you JoJo are offering a £5 gift voucher when two or more unwanted or outgrown good quality outfits are donated to store. (One voucher per customer. Valid with a £35 minimum spend).
HOW TO HELP:
- Make up 2 or more complete outfits from your child’s little worn, nearly new or outgrown clothes in sizes 0-6 years.
- Launder and check that the clothes make a perfect outfit you would be proud to dress your own child in.
- Place in a clear plastic bag and label with size/sex/season. E.g. 0-3mths/unisex/summer.
- Deliver to a JoJo store between 2nd February and 5th March 2016.
WHAT WILL JOJO DO NEXT:
- They double check all donations and where necessary will add extra items. They will then pack into gorgeous gift bags to deliver to their partner charities for distribution.
- They cover the cost for sorting staff and all delivery costs to their charity partners.
- They cover all the shipping costs, import tax and onward distribution to the Syrian refugees in Lebanon.
What do you normally do with unwanted children’s clothes? Personally I’ve sold some, given to friends with boys younger than Lamb, donated to my local charity shop and thrown some away (grubby or damaged only).
With baby boy number 2 on the way we want to reuse a lot of Lambs clothes, however we also want to buy him new clothes. He deserves new stuff too. I’m sure if I dig deep in the bags of old clothes I can find 2 or 3 lovely outfits to donate, and I’m sure you could do the same?
The £5 voucher I’ll get from JoJo Maman Bebe for donating the clothes can be used to buy baby boy something new. I’ll definitely be saving it for when they have their next sale though… I love a bargain!
If you’ve got half an hour to spare this weekend have a rummage through your kids unwanted clothes and donate in your local Jojo Maman Bebe. 🙂
P.S. remember to use the hashtag #mothertoanother and share pics of your donations across social media!