So far Lamb has been several Uk holidays including Butlins and Devon. He’s also been on 2 holidays abroad.
Bear has been on a few UK breaks, but we have yet to take him on a plane (and to be honest, won’t be for a while).
We love going away with the boys, but as with anything with kids, it can be pretty stressful.
With that in mind I’ve decided to share our favourite holiday destinations that we recommend for families.
- Dorset – our most recent holiday was to Swanage in Dorset. If you haven’t been to that part of the UK you really should. It’s beautiful! We stayed in a lovely holiday bungalow (more like a villa) that was right on the beach. It was open plan and perfect for the kids to run around. Absolutely everything was provided from high chair to travel cot, baby cups to bibs. It really was kitted out for the whole family. I was really impressed!
- Devon – we stayed in Devon when Lamb was a toddler and stayed on a lovely caravan park. It had it’s own swimming pool with slides so it went down well with Lamb (and Daddy!) Again, it was close to the beach and had a shop and restaurant. Cheap and cheerful and perfect for a UK family break.
- Butlins – if you haven’t been on a Butlins break then I strongly recommend you do. We’ve been twice (and are hoping to go again next year) and had the best time. The first time we went I was 36 weeks pregnant with Bear (crazy I know) and it was the perfect holiday to spend with Lamb before he had to share our attention with a new sibling. The Just For Tots break offered so much for him to do and the quality of what’s included was really impressive.
- London – a city break with the kids really isn’t so bad. There is so much to do and you don’t have to stick around central London. Lamb loves the Aquarium and the London Eye – casinowebcamgirls.com.
- Centre Parks – we took Lamb to Centre Parks when he was around 5 months old. Personally I didn’t think it was that good for infants, and would recommend going with older children (preferably those who can ride a bike). You can take them swimming and there are fun things to do, but not for little ones.
- Bluestone Wales – this has to be one of my favourite places I’ve been with the kids. We went once when Lamb was 2, and again when Bear was 8 weeks old. Unlike Centre Parks, Bluestone offers something to do for all ages. You can read more about things to do there here.
Holiday Destinations Abroad
- Gran Canaria – we took Lamb to Gran Canaria when he was around 2 1/2. It was actually on this holiday we decided to try for a second baby. We stayed in a really family friendly hotel that had a ball pit and soft play. The beached in Gran Canaria are stunning. Beautiful, soft sand that goes on for miles. The locals are so friendly and there’s always something to do or see.
- Majorca – this is one of my favourite holiday destinations. I actually haven’t been with the kids, but I have done a lot of research and there are plenty of family friendly hotels or villas in majorca that would work well for a family trip. Palma is beautiful and has so many amazing restaurants and shops.
- Cyprus – I’ve been to Cyprus 3 times so far and loved every single holiday there. If I was to take the kids I’d probably look for a hotel or villa in Protaras. The beaches are incredible and there’s lots of unspoiled coastal areas for adventures. The water is like a lagoon too. Paphos is also amazing, but a lot more rocky so you’d have to hire a car and travel to a more child friendly beach.
- France – as we live so close to such a beautiful country we should definitely be making use of our access. Whether you travel by plane, train or car, you can get to France in a matter of hours and be enjoying a family holiday in the same day. Lots of camp site and holiday parks worth looking at. It’s definitely a holiday I’ll be looking into for the near future.
- Spain – mainland Spain was Lambs first ever holiday and we had a great time. The flight is short, the weather is amazing and the people are lovely! There’s so many places you could look at for a fun filled family holiday. Our hotel was Flintsones themed and had loads oaf play areas for the kids to enjoy.
So those are my family holiday destinations that we’ve loved. We will hopefully be able to afford to take Bear on a holiday abroad in the next few years, I’d hate for him to miss out. But with Lamb starting school, and our earnings being low, it’s not looking likely yet!
Where do you like to go on a family holiday?