2015 was a whirlwind of a year, especially from September, so I decided to look back on my top 5 personal blog posts and see what you guys have enjoyed reading. It turns out baby number 2 has been pretty popular!
1. My most read personal blog post was only published last night and it was, of course, baby number 2’s gender reveal! I wanted to do something special to reveal the gender. I’m no good with video, and was totally unorganised in buying coloured balloons etc, so reveal in the form of a poem!
2. Next up is a post I wrote earlier in the year after I came under attack from the ‘lactivists’ on twitter. After an innocent tweet to a fellow blogger looking for tips on what to put into a new baby hamper, I found myself being judged and attacked for suggesting a bottle of pre made formula. Apparently I was discouraging breastfeeding and setting the said new mum up for failure! After several attempts at reassuring them I was a pro breastfeeder, but one who struggled and needed the help of bottler (I fed Lamb with expressed breast milk for 6 months) and the odd bottle of formula when I couldn’t keep up with demand, these narrow minded ‘lactivists’ chose to ignore then fact that every mum is different and should be allowed to make their own choices without being judged.
You can read my reaction here Breast Vs Formula – Bottles come with both!
3. The worst day of 2015 was the day another driver veered into my car and rammed me off the road. I was 6 weeks pregnant at the time so had to be taken to hospital to make sure the baby was ok. Of course you all know he is fine, and the crash has made him that little bit more special to me. Things could of gone a lot worse. The blog post doesn’t mention the baby, because it was too early to tell the world I was pregnant.
4. Next up is my blog post about conceiving baby number 2. When I started this blog, Lamb was 10 months old, so I didn’t get to write about pregnancy and baby stuff. I had no idea how popular pregnancy posts are!
5. Finally we have another pregnancy post! This time it’s my 1st trimester update. My second pregnancy has been slightly worse than my first. More nausea, exhaustion, a constant cold, but I’m finally feeling better.
So there you have my top 5 personal blog posts. Stay tuned for my top 5 review blog posts.