Time for the second part to my Q&A posts. Let’s get going…
- What’s the one thing you would tell yourself when starting out blogging? Easy. Set up all of your social media accounts with the same name and avatar and make sure every blog post automatically shares to social media when it’s published.
- Do you prefer designing or blogging? Ahhh tough question as they are both so different! Designing is definitely more stressful. I’m a perfectionist so fear criticism when I put my own designs into the world. I’m also seriously indecisive, so finalising a design panics me. I would have to say I prefer blogging on a regular basis, but love the feeling I get when I see my own designs in the flesh.
- A stressed blogger in the city, or a happy blogger on a lonely island? Easy, stressed blogger in the city. I’m not me if I’m not stressed about something! And I love city life, and being around people always helps when I’m stressed.
- Where do you see your business in 5 years time? By this point I hope to have expanded my range into more than just childrenswear and would love to have made it into a department store. One can dream big!
- What do you do to help drive traffic to your blog? I actually just published a post on my top tips for increasing page views which you can read if you want to know in more detail. In brief I sponsor posts on Facebook (e.g pay to have them seen by more people), blog daily, run giveaways and take part in daily blogger threads.
- Would you rather have no eyelashes or no eyebrows? Oh this is easy. No eyelashes. I’m a pro at putting fake ones on and no eyebrows is probably the worst look ever. Seriously ladies. Don’t pluck them all out, just to draw them back in with pencil!
- What is the inspiration behind your clothing range? The first collection was inspired by days out with Lamb. The penguins and giraffes live at Colchester Zoo and the prints were created from photos I took on days out with him. The ducks live at Hall Farm in Dedham and were also created by photos I took on a day out with him.
- How did you and your husband meet? Believe it or not we were set up by his sister who happened to be one of my best friends! My previous relationship was rocky and not going anywhere so she gave him my number and when I finally split up with my ex we went on a date. The rest is history!
- Will you be expanding your Lamb & Bear range? Absolutely, but it will take time as I need to make enough sales to invest into the next collection. I have just ordered my second collection of leggings which I will (hopefully) be launching at the Suffolk Baby Show next month, and then launching online soon after. I have also begun development of printed bandana dribble bibs and printed muslin squares as we all love those for our little ones! SO watch this space for a few new things online.
- How do you create your cool graphics for your posts? I use Picmonkey, which I know a lot of bloggers use. It’s so easy to use and you can really improve your blog posts with a few simple steps. I like to put a filter on my photos to make them look a little more professional and I use the text tools to add titles. I also love the college tool to help with shopping haul posts or wish lists.
Ok that’s it for this post! I have enough questions left to write part 3 which will be published very soon.
Thanks again to everyone who asked me a question! I hope you enjoyed my answers.