You may have seen my latest post on top tips for newbie bloggers, which had a great response. I’ve recently seen a huge increase in my blog page views so I thought I’d write a quick post on what I’ve been doing differently which has helped towards the improvement.
- Run giveaways. For my first and second blog birthday’s I’ve run giveaways to celebrate. Giveaways are amazing for increasing your page views. Of course, once the giveaways end the page views will decrease, however you will find there is an overall improvement, as out of all of the people who enter a percentage will become readers of your blog. Not everyone are just competition enterers. Giveaways are hard work though, you need to make sure you are promoting them regularly over social media to gain maximum exposure. My advise is to secure a giveaway on your blog once a month. Talk to brands who you work with. If they offer you a review opportunity ask them if they will allow you to offer the same product in a giveaway. Some bloggers charge for holding giveaways, but I don’t. I find the improvement in followers and stats is enough of an exchange, but I hope to be able to charge one day.
- Blog regularly. If you work full or part time this will of course be difficult. Trust me I know. However, since being made redundant in October and deciding to stay at home and work on my blog and brand (and of course grow my baby boy in my belly) I’ve been blogging daily and this is definitely helping with my page views. My advise would be to plan your week in advance. Write down what you want to publish and stick to your plan; try not to get distracted from this or you may end up missing posts. If you know you’re running out of time to publish something why not do a photo of the day post? Take a couple of snaps of your outfit or your little ones outfit and do an outfit of the day. Something quick and easy, but at least it’s something!
- Utilise social media. Make sure you have all of your social media accounts linked to your blog, so every time you publish a post it is automatically shared to social media. I also like to share the title image on Instagram and Pinterest to make sure I’m getting traffic form there too. Some bloggers don’t like to, but recently I have seen a huge improvement in my stats due to sponsoring my Facebook posts. I think there is a knack to it, for example I don’t sponsor my blog page, I sponsor posts as this is what I’ve had the most interaction from. It’s taken a little trial and error but I feel confident spending a little money on sponsoring posts to ensure they are seen by a lot of people. You can spend a minimum of £1 a day so it’s definitely worth trying if you want to improve your views via Facebook.
- Join daily blogger threads. Bloggers love supporting each other, I mean, we all know how hard building a blog can be so if we can support each other and help in any way we will (hence this post! 😉 ) Daily threads are a great way of building up views to your blog and social media pages. The more likes and comments on Facebook, the more organic views you will get from your other followers. Personally I take part in Love 2 Blog and UK Awesome Bloggers daily threads but there are plenty more around. I think these are the best for me though. If you do decided to join in daily I would try to complete each thread the day you join in. Trust me, it’s really easy to forget what you’ve completed if you leave it 48 hours.
- Pinterest. I’m sure you already have a Pinterest account, but if you don’t get one! I’ve had one since I started blogging 2 years ago but never bothered with it as I didn’t know what I was doing. This year it had been my goal to get it going and to utilise it to bring traffic to my blog. I’ve read a few posts recently about how much traffic you can actually get from Pinterest so I’m making sure every post I publish has a pin-able image so readers can save it to a relevant board. Make sure you re-pin your own pins to different boards (but not too much so it looks spammy) and make sure every pin is linked to a relevant page on your blog. I don’t know loads about Pinterest but hopefully that can get you going.
So there are my top 5 tips for increasing your page views. This is exactly what I’ve done since around November last year and my page views have tripled! I’ll share my stats below so you can see exactly what I’ve achieved.
I hope you’ve found this post useful. I’m still learning so if you have any more tips, please feel free to comment below and share them with me!