Today I’ve been thinking about what really bugs me when going on holiday. Since Lamb came along, my patience hasn’t been great, I mean taking a toddler isn’t on holiday isn’t easy, and the stuff they need is insane!
We’ve taken Lamb on a few holidays since he was born. A couple in the UK and a couple abroad. I have to admit I find the UK holidays less stressful. I just fill the car with as much as I can and drive.
CheapHolidayLand.com surveyed 100 of their users to find out the most popular holiday gripes during a family holiday in the sun.
Holiday Gripes by CheapHolidayLand.com
My holiday pet peeves…
- Queue jumping. There’s nothing worse than queuing patiently for some idiot to think they can just walk to the front. Whether that be at the airport, waiting for a local bus or queueing for the water slide. You don’t want to jump the queue I’m in….
- Plane passengers that get up and find their hand luggage as soon as the plane lands. Seriously. Where are you going? We all know it takes ages for the plane to actually park up, the stairs etc to be attached and for the hostess to open the doors. You’re just irritating!
- Luggage allowance. Please, please please weigh your bags before you get to the airport! It’s not hard! The amount of times I’ve had to wait while people rush to unpack their bags and rearrange so they don’t have to pay the fees for being over weight. We’re all tired and bored of waiting.
- Packing. This is actually a personal pet peeve. I HATE PACKING. I’ve been known to cry during packing. Honestly. I just get so worked up about what we need to take. I panic about forgetting something. I think too much about the weather, “what if it rains”, “what if it’s hotter then expected”. I’m really one of those holiday makers that takes everything but the kitchen sink.
- Sunbed savers. We all hate this don’t we, but we all do it. Because we don’t have much choice. There’s never enough beds! Fair enough if you put your towels out, go for breakfast and come back after an hour, I’ll accept that. BUT if you put towels on your bed and bugger off all day and think you can come back at 4pm for the last few hours of sun, you’re really going to boil my blood. Just. Plain. Selfish.
I could go on, but I’ll stop at 5. None of this ever ruins my holiday, but let’s be honest, it would be so much nicer if these 5 pet peeves were a little less stressful.
What are your holiday pet peeves?
*In collaboration with CheapHolidaysLand.com