Next up in my ’13 Questions With…’ series is Sharon from Teen Tween Toddler.
- When did you start up your blog and why? I started my blog about 4 years ago, just before having Harry. I read a few blogs and loved the idea of documenting milestones etc because having two teens I know it’s not that easy to remember those things as you would think.
- What is the most important thing you’ve learned since you started blogging and what advice would you give to a newbie blogger? Don’t write for an audience you think you have/want. It doesn’t work like that and you wont be very readable because you’re not natural.
- Which has been your most popular blog post? My most popular post that was not a review or giveaway is the post to reveal I was pregnant with Jack . My Little Secret
- Do you blog as a hobby or as a job? As I earn money from it, I’m going to say job.
- What do you do to stop getting blogging burn out? I don’t stop getting blog burnout, I often have times when it’s too much and I don’t rely on it to pay my bills so I just give myself time off.
- Who are your favourite bloggers to read and vloggers to watch on YouTube? I don’t have any regular blogs I read, I just comment on posts that stand out when I’m looking through twitter and facebook. I love watching BrummyMummyof2 Youtube, love her!
- What are your blogging pet peeves? Oh god where do I start?! Probably the biggest ones are bad spelling, posts that are too long and pop-up’s.
- What’s your biggest aspiration for your blog in 2016? I don’t really know. I just enjoy it and I don’t want to put too much pressure on myself and lose sight of what’s important .
- What were your career aspirations when you were at school? I always wanted to work in hairdressing, which I did and now no longer enjoy.
- Do you find balancing work/blog/family/life a struggle? Absolutely! With 4 kids, one being a newborn, a blog is usually the last thing on my mind. But I do enjoy doing it and know it will get easier so I will still continue to blog.
- How do you get exposure for your blog and what is your favourite social media site? I just spread it over my social media and sometimes dip into stumbleupon. My favourite social media is between twitter and instagram.
- If you had £1000 to spend on yourself, what would you buy? If it was just for myself I would buy lots of things. Clothes, shoes, make up, purfume and lots of pretty things 🙂
- Which 3 famous people (dead or alive) would you invite to a dinner party? That’s a tough one! Baby brain is really not helpful here. Alan Rickman, Robin Williams and Roald Dahl. That may change as I think of others.
Thank you to Sharon for taking part in my 13 Questions blogger series. I have to say, your answers to number 13 are fab, I’d definitely want to go to dinner with them (especially Alan Rickman, he was one of my favourite actors ever).
Make sure you check out her blog Teen Tween Toddler or find her on social media.