BB is now 3 weeks old and although we are way off being in any sort of routine, I’ve definitely become more confident with being a mum of 2 over the past few days. With this in mind I thought it would be good to share with you what products I used continuously in my first week with a newborn.
First of all my top tip is don’t leave the house. Just don’t. Stay at home and don’t put any pressure on yourself to do anything. Establish breastfeeding or bottle feeding, take the opportunity to nap while hubby is at home to look after the older kids (if you have older kids) and DO NOT worry about getting dressed/doing housework/seeing visitors.
Now onto the products which I have used religiously since BB was born…
1. Water Wipes. These are perfect for the early days when their little bums are extremely delicate. I used these for around a week then moved on to Pampers New Baby Sensitive Baby Wipes as I found the Waters Wipes very wet.
2. Nappies. Whether you use disposable or reusable make sure you are stocked up with enough nappies to last you a few weeks so you don’t have to worry about leaving the house. We use Pampers at the moment, but will move onto Aldi Mamia to save some pennies.
3. Large Muslins/Swaddles. You won’t find me without a huge muslin cloth either draped over my shoulder or wrapped around BB. I used so many muslins with Lamb because he was a really sicky baby, and although BB doesn’t seem as bad, we have had to mop up a little sick after feeds. I’ve been using our Tots by Smart Trike Muslins and they are really fab. I’ve also been using aden + anais Swaddles which are super, super soft. I recommend investing in both of these.
4. Plenty of sleepsuits. As lovely as it is to dress your newborn up, it’s not realistic. Socks don’t stay on and if their hands are uncovered they will just scratch the hell out of their face. Just put them in sleepsuits. You can get really cute ones so they don’t have to be plain white and boring. BB is currently wearing his cloud print sleep suit from The Essential One. Their newborn size is up to 10lb which means they fit almost all newborn babies. I highly recommend them.
5. Gro Light. This isn’t something we used with Lamb but I have found this product a lifesaver with BB. If you haven’t heard of the The Gro Company Grolight it’s basically a very low, subtle night light that fits onto your light bulb. It basically allows you to have the light on without turning the full light on and waking baby up. I leave mine on all night as my light switch is on the other side of the room and I have a SnuzPod so it’s a little awkward to get out of bed.
These are the top 5 products I couldn’t live without in my first week with a newborn. I highly recommend all of these products. I really wish I had huge muslin cloths and the Gro Light when Lamb was a baby.
*Contains affiliate links