Being a first time mum you don’t always make the right decisions when purchasing baby products. I went through so many prams until I found one that I love and still do. You learn to make space saving decisions, like buying a cot with an underneath drawer for storage. Do you really need a separate changing table or can you buy a cot with a changing station that sits over the top?
You also learn that convenience is key. For me, anything that makes my day a little less stressful and saves time is vital. Things like a decent changing bag is so important. One that has plenty of space and pockets to store everything easily, and makes things easily accessible.
With baby number 2 I know there are things I don’t need, and things that I really want and wish I had with Lamb. With all of these points in mind, I’ve decided to write a wish list of products I want to use with baby number 2.
1. Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Perfect Prep Machine This wasn’t available (as far as I know) when Lamb was a newborn and I expressed to feed him anyway, however he was a hungry baby and drank lots of milk. I moved to formula at 6 months and would have really benefitted from one of these. I’d love one for baby number 2 as I plan on combi feeding from the start (although this may change if breastfeeding works out for us). I especially want one for night feeds!!
2. Cosatto Story Cot Bed (Owlet) As you may already know, we already have the Cosatto Story Cot Bed (Robot) for Lamb, we reviewed it last year. As this cot turns into a toddler bed we will need a cot for baby number 2. I would absolutely love another Cosatto Story Cot Bed, but this time I want the Owlet design. The colour is absolutely gorgeous and would suit a boy or a girl. As my children will be sharing a bedroom, I won’t have space for a changing table. The Cosatto Story bed has a changing station that sits over the cot, meaning I can change the baby comfortably and have space for 2 cots. Another drawer underneath would be ideal storage also.
3. Joolz Geo As I mentioned earlier, I had quite a few prams with Lamb, I also reviewed quite a few for the Mother & Baby Awards for the past 2 years. Lamb will be 3 when baby number 2 arrives, so I don’t necessarily need a double pram, however the Joolz Geo would be perfect for our family. It coverts between a single and a double, meaning if Lamb gets a little tired on a day out then he can jump in the pram with his brother or sister. The Joolz Geo is gorgeous to look at. So chic and stylish, high quality and luxurious. One thing that stands out to me is the large storage basket when the pram is used as a single.
4. SnuzPod Bedside Crib and Mattress (Dove Grey) I never thought I would be saying this, but I’m a co-sleepng mum. When Lamb was a baby he would only settle on our chests. When he was 6 months he started sleeping through and we didn’t hear a peep from him all night! Fast forward to the toddler years and he’s found a love for sleeping with mummy and daddy, so we have had the past almost 2 years of partly co-sleeping. If I’m honest, both Joe and I love co-sleeping. Nothing beats bedtime cuddles with Lamb. I really want the gorgeous SnuzPod Bedside Crib with baby number 2 (in Dove Grey as our bed is grey!) I love the idea of my baby being so close to me but in their own space.
5. Maxi-Cosi FamilyFix Car Seat Base One thing I really wish I had with Lamb was an isofix base for his Maxi-Cosi car seat. This would have made my life so much easier. Using a seat belt gets really tedious, well, maybe i’m just a bit lazy, but I’ll definitely be looking at getting one for baby number 2! I may end up with a different brand of isofix base depending on which pram we buy, but Maxi-Cosi is compatible with a lot of prams. They are also safer and more secure, which after my car crash, is something I feel strongly about. I hate that my husbands new car doesn’t have isofix hooks (luckily my car does).
So that’s it for my baby products wish list. I’m sure there’s going to be more on my list soon, so I’ll most likely do another post like this as my pregnancy progresses. For example I really want to baby wear, so will be doing lots of research into the best slings around.
What are your favourite baby products that you think I should get?
*may contain affiliate links