I’m one of the lucky ones, I don’t really suffer with pregnancy symptoms, not serious ones anyway. I wasn’t sick with my first pregnancy and I haven’t been sick this time, but I have had a lot of nausea, and at 15 weeks, I’m still suffering with it now.
As with sickness I didn’t have any serious cravings during my first pregnancy, other than one weekend where I spent 2 days downing pints of milk.
This pregnancy has been a little different. I’ve found myself drinking and eating new things, or things I hadn’t had in a while, and continued drinking/eating them throughout.
Here’s a list of my top 5 cravings with baby number 2.
- McDonalds – throughout my first trimester I couldn’t get enough big tasty’s. Junk food was the only thing that helped the nausea. So it’s allowed, right? French fries please…
- Iron Bru – a childhood favourite, during this pregnancy I’ve rediscovered my love for this brightly coloured drink. Mmmmmm…..
- Apples – I’ve found myself eating a lot of apples recently, which I don’t normally do. I love apples, but because I wear Invisalign braces my gums are soft and I can’t bite apples easily. I’m now chopping them up and having them daily.
- Monster Munch – specifically pickled onion. Bloody delicious. I had the same craving when I was pregnant with Lamb, which is why I think I’m having a boy.
- Meat – give me meat! Burgers, sausages, bacon sandwiches. I just wanted lots of meat!
These cravings have calmed down now – thankfully! I’m still loving all of them, actually I’ll happily avoid McDonalds for a while, that craving has well and truly gone – phew.
I call them cravings, but they haven’t been super strong. I haven’t been waking up in the night desperate for anything, but I’ve definitely found myself ‘fancying’ everything on this list.
What are/were your cravings during pregnancy?