The easy thing to do when buying for a new baby is grab some gorgeous clothes like sleepsuits or baby grows. The problem is, a lot of people have the same idea and parents can end up with too much of one thing. This certainly happened with us when Lamb was born. We were overwhelmed with lovely gifts, but with the majority being clothes, some things just didn’t get worn or not worn very much, and I hated that. That being said, I’ve kept almost everything, so they will get some use again when baby boy is here!
Now we are having baby number 2, I can look back and think about other lovely gift ideas that friends and family can buy for our new arrival when he’s here. Of course, we will be more than happy with clothes, but just to give everyone a few more ideas I’ve created this list of gift ideas to give you a helping hand.
1. Swaddle/Muslin blankets. We use multiple muslins with Lamb. He had colic and was a very sicky baby, so a muslin cloth was never far away. Aden + Anais make the cutest and muslin cloths and the best thing about them is they are huge so double up as swaddle blankets too. I love their Jungle Jam collection.
2. Sophia La Giraffe has quickly become a household favourite and would make a lovely gift for a new baby. We had one for Lamb (along with a few other products from the Sophie range) and will definitely be giving it to baby boy when he arrives (luckily Lambs still squeaks!) This Sophie the Giraffe Newborn Gift Basket is absolutely gorgeous and really good value at £31.97 from Amazon.
3. If you want to buy a baby a cuddly toy then go for a Jellycat one. They are so soft and snuggly. Lamb had a brown monkey and loved it. His best friend has a bunny (or 2 or 3!) and takes it everywhere. Personally I love this Bashful Unicorn How cute! Maybe more suited to a girl, but who says a boy can’t like unicorns?!
4. When Lamb was born my mum did a little research and found this Disney’s Lullaby Album which had amazing reviews. We played it when Lamb was a baby and sleeping in our room, but when he started sleeping through in his own room there was no need for it. I’ve recently started playing it again for Lamb as we are struggling to get him to fall asleep at a decent time. I absolutely love this CD. It definitely helps Lamb relax and fall asleep.
5. Baby lifting wrap. The Snugglebundl is a an innovative baby lifting wrap with strong handles that let you lift and lay your baby so gently that they continue to sleep peacefully. We had one of these when Lamb was a newborn. His Grandpop heard about them on Radio 2 and thought it sounded like an amazing product so ordered us one! It’s such a great product for new mums who struggle to bend down to lift their baby, perhaps after a c-section or difficult birth. We will definitely be using it again with baby number 2.
6. The Gro Company is a brand we’ve used throughout Lambs life and I was so happy to be asked to be a Gro Blogger this year. Whether I’m an ambassador for the brand or not, baby boy would definitely be using their Gro Snug New Born Grobag/Swaddle and then a Grobag when he’s big enough. The Gro Company have so many amazing products, including their The Gro-Clock Sleep Trainer and Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind. Again, products we use with Lamb and highly recommend.
7. Usborne Books are super lovely and everyone must own a ‘That’s Not My‘ book. They are the perfect gift for a new baby ready for when they are interested in pictures and textures. You will definitely get your moneys worth as my 4 year old Nephew even loves reading them when he comes over to play! Of course we bought Lamb the That’s Not My Lamb book when he was born.
8. Sophie La Girafe Cosmetics are absolutely lovely. We were lucky to review them last year and they would make such a lovely gift for a new born. This Sophie la girafe Baby Starter Kit is a lovely set for you to buy as a gift, alternatively you can get the products individually.
9. Milestone Baby Cards are such a lovely gift for a new baby. You can pretty much use them from day one and it’s a lovely way of documenting the milestones of your baby’s life. I definitely want these for baby number 2! You can also get Toddler and Twin sets!
10. I know this list for for gifts other than clothing, but of course I have to include Lamb & Bear leggings! The ‘Ponty The Giraffe’ leggings are so cute and look adorable on little legs! Head over to my shop to take a look at the range. New designs coming soon!
I hope you found this list useful. I loved creating it and picturing having all of these lovely products for baby boy! What’s your favourite gift idea?
*Contains affiliate links