It’s safe to say he was well and truly spoilt this year. Lamb received so many lovely gifts and we have spent last week creating thanks you cards to send to all of his family and friends (as soon as mummy gets off her bum and buys some stamps!)
We certainly have a handful of favourite gifts, like I’m sure most kids do. He was pleased with everything (other than clothes, he disregards them and asks for more presents – sorry to anyone who witnessed this!) but since Christmas there are things he’s played with non stop.
- I’ll go straight in with a toy that has proved so popular his bestie now owns it! These “Mr. Potato Head” Mixable Mashable Marvel Superheros are his number 1 present from Christmas, and it just so happens mummy bought them for him! Recently he’s discovered a love for the hulk and other Avengers so I grabbed these when I saw them – and i’m so glad I did! He sits for ages playing with them.
- Toy Story has been a favourite in our house for a long time now and it was about time Lamb got his own Talking Wood Doll. he already has Buzz, Zurg, Rex (from a charity shop) and Mr Potato Head, so I asked his Auntie and Uncle to buy him Woody for Christmas. He was so excited when he opened him!
- A few weeks before Christmas Lamb saw a race track advertised on the TV and instantly asked for it for Christmas. We told my dad and he bought Lamb this Carrera Go Mario Kart 7 Race Track. It’s for older kids (you can get a younger one, but my Dad wanted to get something that would last as he got older) so he struggles to control the cars, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t love playing with it! In fact Daddy loves playing with it too!
- Lamb is almost 3 and has recently found a love for Playdoh. I’ll be honest, I hate it. It’s messy. Kids like to mix colours, which I hate, and leave it out to go dry. However, that doesn’t stop me buying it for Lamb, and I was really excited when I found this Play-Doh Marvel Smashdown Can-Heads set with the hulk and iron man. He loves it.
- Recently we have been reading Mr Men books to Lamb as his bedtime book. His Grandma bought his a little set from the charity shop and he absolutely loves them and has brought them home to read. He also loves jigsaws, so when I saw this Mr Men Jigsaw Puzzle Multi-Pack on offer I grabbed it. As a person who doesn’t mind jigsaws herself I’m happy to sit with him and complete the puzzles.
I’m going to leave the list there and write a part 2 next week. These are the toys he’s playing with loads at the moment, but that doesn’t means he doesn’t love lots of the other things he was given. We all know kids change their minds a lot, so what he loves this week might not be what he loves next week!
* Contains affiliate links.