I have to be quick. it’s 10pm, I still have to pack for our holiday, and we’re leaving at 5am tomorrow morning. Yikes.
BUT, I had to tell you all about the challenge we have set ourselves.
Lets rewind a bit…
Alex and I will (not so proudly) admit we could be better with money.
It never used to bother me. I was quite proud of my ability to spend every single penny by the third week of the month. Eating out, spontaneous holidays, designer sunglasses, groceries from Waitrose… I loved a treat.
But, things have shifted. I have a family to look after now. I’m not a priority anymore. Marnie is. And I need to be better with my money management.
So, for the month of July, we have set ourselves a challenge.
- We will do our groceries online with a budget of £50 a week. We are not allowed to buy random goodies in-between. This means we need to meal plan.
- We will not shop on ASOS at all, not once, not even when the 50% sale hits. (Ouch).
- We will not eat take aways.
- We will not stop at Costa every day (we are allowed 1 or 2 trips a week mind you though… you can’t take coffee away from us. This will be hard enough as it is).
- We will become coupon queens (Alex is already pretty damn good at this, I need to get better).