Here at Lamb & Bear we love trying out new products. Especially products that are unique and genuinely useful for busy mums. For example, the Giddy Bowl which we have fallen in love with. Very unique and a very clever product.
The latest product we have been using is the Ouch Pouch and Spilly Spoon. Yep, another clever product perfect for mums on the go, especially during these winter months with millions of germs flying around!
The Ouch Pouch, the first medicine bag of its kind in the UK, was designed by one very clever Mumpreneur for parents the world over and contains the following items:-
- ZGEL – a soothing first aid gel which is arnica-based and suitable for bumps, bruises, grazes and bites – and soothes any irritations and make those ouches better.
- CHILDREN’S PLASTERS – sometimes a plaster is as much of as a reward as anything else!
- STERILE WIPES – you can never have too many.
- MUCKY MITTS HAND SANITIZER – a spray for those mucky mitts which is made from natural products, alcohol free and there’s no need to rinse after use.
- FEVER FOREHEAD THERMOMETER – as we all know our children can be fine one minute and have a raging temperature the next. Lamb & Bear recommend you carry a thermometer with you in your changing bag in case of emergencies.
- A 60ml MEDICINE BOTTLE with child resident cap – this enables you to carry enough medicine for a day or weekend and also complies with international travel regulations (under 100ml bottles).
- SPILLY SPOON – the non-spill medicine spoon is an essential part of the Ouch Pouch as we all know administering medicine is a messy job whilst in our home, let alone in the middle of a packed flight!
- THERMAL INSULATED BAG – the bag is unzipped in the middle and has two pockets which contain all the contents above but are also designed to hold sachets of medicine and Mum’s headache tablets!
- EPI PEN – the Ouch Pouch had been specifically designed to fit an Epi Pen alongside all the above products.
- NAME TAG – You can personalise name tags in case each child has different medicine to take.
The Ouch Pouch’s inventor, busy mum of three, Philippa Le Boutillier, said:-
“I created both Spilly Spoon and the Ouch Pouch based on my own experience as a mum who was sick of washing gunky bed sheets and also never having medical essentials in one place when travelling.
“The Ouch Pouch is designed to make a parent’s life easier whilst on the move. Which is a saving grace, as any busy parent will concur. Often the simplest ideas are the best and often overlooked.”
Lamb has been suffering with the sniffles for a while now. As soon as he fights the bug, he picks up another one from nursery. I’ve been carrying sachets of paracetamol and plastic medicine spoons around in a food bag which isn’t ideal! Having the Ouch Pouch has made life that little bit easier for us when we are on the go. Lamb is able to drink his medicine himself and I don’t have to worry about carrying sticky sachets and spoons in his changing bag.
The contents of the Ouch Pouch are ideal for general health needs for you little ones. The bag is compact and easy to carry around, even in your handbag if you no longer use a changing bag.
Personally I love the medicine bottle and the thermometer. Glass medicine bottle can be quite heavy when full, and trust me, you don’t need any extra weight in your toddler changing bag with all the toys, crayons and books you have to carry around. This spilly spoon bottle means you can take enough medicine for the day and refill as and when you need to. The thermometer is a vital essential in your changing bag. A child’s temperature can increase dramatically and you need to be prepared for if that happens.
The one criticism I would give is the spilly spoon needs a lid. If you are using this on the go, for example in the car, you can’t wash the medicine off the spoon, resulting in a sticky ouch pouch! I ended up cleaning with a baby wide, but you may not always have the opportunity to do this.
Other than that I don’t really have anything negative to say about this product. I haven’t seen anything like this before, specifically for children, so it definitely gets a thumbs up from me and a Lamb & Bear recommendation.
The BPA-approved Ouch Pouch is available to buy online at www.SpillySpoon.com or nationwide at RRP £14.99.
Please see their website for more information and stockists.