I see so many ‘what’s in my bag’ blog posts and youtube videos, and I really enjoy them. A little sneaky peek to what others carry around with them, what products they use, and how full their bags are! What’s not to love?!
Whilst on my lunch break at work I decided to empty my handbag onto my desk and show you all what’s really in my handbag. Be prepared… I’m not very organised… and well, a bit messy!
I’m currently using a leather satchel style bag from Zara, which I got as a gift from my mother-in-law. I love this bag, it’s big enough for the general bits I need, but also a small pack of wipes and a nappy for emergencies!
Here’s what I’m carrying around in my bag at the mo…
- Keys – home, car, work.
- Random stuff – (very) old receipts, my glasses prescription, McDonalds Monopoly stickers (lame, I know), random goodies for my Invisalign braces.
- Glasses – acceptable.
- Sunglasses – not usually in my bag, most likely to be found on my head.
- (Too much) Acceptable stuff – 4 pens, 1 Ikea pencil, 1 lipgloss and 5, yes 5, lipsticks! Mirror and hairband.
- Diary – not used for the last few weeks (oops). My invite to my friends wedding which should have been sent back a while ago (sorry Amy!)
- Baby stuff – toy train and attachable truck (yes, both parts), dummy (obvs), a plastic spoon from Lambs tea set (no, not an actual spoon), bonjella and a felt tip pen.
- Mummy stuff – paracetamol x2, sudafed, my meds for my under active thyroid, sanitary towel, travel toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Phone Charger – don’t go anywhere without it. My phone battery lasts half a day max.
- Money and stuff – £1.25 and Tesco vouchers. Every now and then I chuck any change I get in the bottom of my bag and forget about it. Then, when I’m at work and in desperate need of chocolate and I don’t have money, I’ll find the change in the bottom of my bag and feel pure joy knowing I can buy some choccy! HA! There’s also some random elastic bands for my braces. Those are now in the bin.
- Aligners – I’ve been wearing my aligners for around a year now and have these two cases to carry them in when I’m eating and drinking. I have no idea why I have both in my bag today, I normally don’t have either!
- More random crap – a plastic CD wallet (the CD is in my car), more old receipts and more McDonalds Monpoly stickers, a bag of elastic bands for my braces.
So there you go. This is everything in my handbag. Warts and all.
I’ve really enjoyed writing this post, it’s pretty amusing rummaging through my handbag!
It’s inspired me to start a series/linky so we can all share what we find in our bags/pockets etc that you wouldn’t expect to be there. Let me know if you’d like to link up to something like that. It could be in the form of a blog post or photo, and can be anything from genuine stuff, to random stuff!
What do you think? Also, let me know if this linky already exists and I won’t bother. I just think it would be a really funny linky!