The lovely Lauren from Belle Du Brighton tagged me to answer 11 questions about myself etc. I love these sort of posts! It’s a great way to introduce a little more of yourself and your life to those who read your blog.
Here are my ‘eleven things’ answers.
1. What was your favourite childhood book?
Ok, this is a tough one, because my mum read with us from a really early age and I loved reading as a child. I wrote a post on my favourite childhood books as there are so many. I asked my mum and she said The Hungry Caterpillar and The Jolly Postman were my faves. I also loves The Tiger Who Came To Tea.
2. Do you have a favourite meal, and if so what and why?
I’m so guilty of saying “this is my favourite meal, song, film, drink”. Whatever, it’s always my favourite! But I have a memory of being at pre-school and making my favourite meal out of string and tissue paper on a paper plate. That meal was spaghetti bolognese. Loved it then, and I love it now.
3. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I have no memory of wanting to be anything in particular. In fact I don’t have many memories of my childhood. So here comes mummy to answer this for me. She said “you wanted to be a dancer, teacher and at one point a police officer! Oh and a photographer and journalist later on”. I have one memory of going through a phase of designing shoes. I was really young, so had no idea what a “designer” was, but something intrigued me about creating unusual shoes.
Turns out I covered 3 of those dream roles. I work as a fashion designer, studied photography at A Level and now write a blog. That covers designer/photographer/journalist right?!
4. What’s your favourite joke?
How do you know an elephant’s been in your fridge? Footprints in the butter!
This is an awful joke, but one I always remember reading as a child and thinking was hilarious!
5. Where is your happy place?
Cuddling Lamb. Anytime, anywhere. It’s taken a long time to get to this happy place, but cuddling him brings a tear to my eye.
6. The last song you heard?
‘Killing in the Name Of’ by Rage Against The Machine just played on Spotify at work. Bloody love this song.
7. Who was your last text from?
My sister in law Stevie with a voice message from my nephew!
8.What colour is your sofa?
Ha. Well, it’s supposed to be grey. But is now dark grey in areas due to lots of spills by Lamb! And it’s less than a year old… damn.
9. What is on your bedside table.
A lamp that doesn’t work. My old iPhone (I upgraded last month). A few books that I’m not reading. Baby Wipes.
10. Do you have any blogging goals?
To turn my blog name into a successful brand (which I’m currently working on).
11.Where did you last go on holiday?
Here are my questions.
1. Where is your favourite country/place you have visited?
2. Name your top 5 celebrity crushes.
3. How do you feel about piercing babies ears? There’s a whole debate right now over it being called ‘abuse’.
4. What is your dream career?
5. If you could re live any moment in your life, what would it be?
6. Cats or dogs?
7. Top 3 things to help you survive a day?
8. PC or Mac?
9. Have you ever won anything?
10. Heels or flats?
11. Camping or Spa holiday?