January has been a write off for us. It’s not been a great start to 2019. Most of the month has consisted of multiple boxes of paracetamol, gallons of calpol, and more sneezes and coughing than I care to remember.
It’s well and truly sucked.
I would of published this post at the beginning of the month had we not been so utterly gross.
So let’s crack on with our family goals for 2019.
- First up is finding out if we are eligible to move house or increase our mortgage to build and extension. This is something we’ve wanted to do for a long time, but due to our redundancies in 2015 it’s been completely impossible. Our income reduced drastically (it really did) and it’s taken us this long to work at getting somewhere more comfortable to look into the possibility of a bigger property. We need it, the boys need it, and we’re keeping our fingers crossed it will work out at some point.
- Following on from this we really need to go over all of our household bills, outgoings, expenses and look at what we are earning and whether we can make any changes to improve our financial situation. Looking at a budget calculator (like on this website) and updating a spreadsheet regularly is something we will start with. With my income being so minimal due to being self-employed, it’s really important we keep on top of exactly what we’re spending if we are wanting to upgrade our home.
- Crack bedtime with the boys! Honestly, my other half and I really feel like calling Supernanny. We have lost control. They just don’t get tired! Bedtime is the worst time of day for me. It’s when I feel most anxious. They run circles round us and tag team against us. Because they share a bedroom, we either have to put them to bed together and deal with them playing around. Or we put Bear to bed first, wait for him to fall asleep and then put Lamb to bed. Either way it’s currently 21:30 and they are both wide awake. Somebody help us!
- A personal one for me… grow Ada & Alfred! Bear starts preschool in September and will go 3-4 days a week (9-3) depending on how busy my business is. He will be going to the preschool in Lambs school, so they will be dropped off together and picked up together. My aim is to work 9-3 4 days a week and then be able to leave my work in the office and spend 3pm until bedtime doing fun things with them.
- Another personal one… Lose 1 stone in weight! Unfortunately I’ve been rather relaxed with my diet over the last 6 months and have gained the weight I’d previously lost with Weight Watchers. I’m not bothered in any way and don’t feel ‘fat’, but I can certainly see the weight gain, specifically on my belly, and would love to get back to what I was. I’ll probably follow the Weight Watchers plan again as that’s what I’m used to doing.
- Potty train Bear! To be honest we are 75% there now, but it’s been all through this month where we’ve seen the most progress, so I felt like it had to be on this years goal list. He’s done, so, so well and adapted quickly. Today was particularly successful where he came to me three times while he was in the soft play and asked for the toilet. No accidents in public – yay!
- Go on a holiday abroad! This is absolutely on on 2019 goals list, but I don’t actually think we will achieve it. Having said that, I’ll keep it on the list *just in case*. Bear doesn’t even own a passport as we’ve been no where near able to take him abroad, but fingers crossed maybe this year we can, even if its a few days in France or Spain.
I don’t want to list too many goals as that would be unrealistic. There will be more we decide on throughout the year, but right now, these are our top 7.
What goals do you have for the new year?
* Collaborative post