Right, so we are off to Spain on Sunday and I need to organise what we are taking. Yep, this seems last minute, but we only booked it a week ago and I’ve been so busy this weekend! A certain Baby Bear decided to have her 1st birthday party on Sunday, how inconsiderate, does she not know how busy I am?! 😉
Packing clothes isn’t worrying me. We’ve had such a hot summer, Lamb has plenty of suitable holiday clothes. Vests, shorts, swimwear. There’s absolutely no need to buy him anything new for this holiday.
Oh, apart from this T-shirt from Next, which he will be wearing on the plane! Couldn’t resist it!
What I’m most worried about, is keeping him entertained. He hates sitting still. All he wants to do is explore and run around – typical boy. Being stuck on a budget airline flight, most likely next to a complete stranger rather than an empty seat (which I am seriously wishing for) with a 17 month old is going to be my biggest challenge yet!
So I need to prepare myself with plenty of things to keep him distracted. And I need your help to do it!
This when I need you fellow mums/dads/bloggers or anyone with relevant suggestions the most. Please advise me on what to take on the plane! In my head I’ve got a little hand luggage checklist.
- Snacks – breadsticks, cheese straws, sandwiches, crisps, raisins, Organix oaty bars, BEAR fruit snacks.
- Juice and water.
- Milk – if anyone can tell me what I need to do to take milk on the plane I would be very grateful. Lamb drinks cows milk, but I’ve bought him growing up milk cartons to take with us, just in case.
- Ipad – loaded up with games and programmes.
- Books – he loves books, but obviously they can be heavy so we will only take a couple of small ones.
- Toys – I’m not sure what toys I will take. He’s a little old to be really into toys, or at least ones small enough to take on the plane.
- Blanket and pillow – so we can be as comfy as possible and hopefully get him to nap.
What am I missing? I would love some tips and advise for Lamb’s first ever plane journey!