I’ve finally finished packing my hospital bag for baby boy. Well, it was packed last week for our holiday in Butlins, but I kind of rushed it. I’ve now gone through everything again and I’m happy with what’s packed and won’t be opening it again until we are in the hospital, unless I triple check everything again which is quite likely!
The bag I am using for baby is from toTs by smarTrike Voyage in dark grey melange which I’ve been sent to review. So far I genuinely love this bag. It’s so spacious and light weight and has the perfect amount of pockets and compartments to keep everything organised. I honestly really love this bag and definitely recommend it (from first impressions of course, I haven’t taken it out and about yet).
There are a few features which I love.
- The bag doubles up as a rucksack (perfect for hubby to help carry!)
- It’s lightweight.
- It comes with a very compact changing mat that doesn’t take up much space in the bag.
- It comes with a pull out smaller bag ideal for keeping essentials you need easy access to (I haven’t used this for the hospital).
- There is a pocket either side to hold bottles meaning they don’t take up space inside.
I’ll be reviewing this bag again once I’ve used it properly but really wanted to share my initial thoughts with you as I really am impressed with this changing bag.
Now let’s move on to the exciting stuff… what am I taking for baby?!
- 2 first size long sleeve vests
- 2 newborn long sleeve vests
- 2 first size short sleeve vests
- 2 newborn short sleeve vests
- 2 first size sleepsuits
- 3 newborn sleepsuits
- 2 pairs of trousers
- 2 pairs of socks
- 3 pairs of mitts
- 1 hat
- 2 cardigans
- 2 large muslins/swaddles
- 1 peter rabbit comforter
- 23 size 1 nappies
- 1 pack of water wipes
- 1 pack of nappy bags
- 1 pramsuit/all in one (not photographed)
- 1 blanket (not photographed)
A lot of the clothes I have packed were Lambs when he was a baby, I managed to keep a lot of newborn clothes look pretty new!
The items which you can buy if you’re interested I’ll list below.
- Yellow/white cloud/stripe vests are from The Essential One.
- Grey/blue elephant print sleepsuit is from Sainsburys.
- Daddy & Me giraffe sleepsuit is from Next.
- Barcode sleepsuit is from Next.
- Yellow/white cloud/stripe sleepsuits are from The Essential One.
- Peter Rabbit comforter is from Marks & Spencers.
- Grey/white muslins swaddles are from toTs by SmarTrike.
If you are packing your hospital bags soon then I hope you found this post useful. If you think I’ve missed anything then please let me know! I’ll be taking a pram suit and blanket for him too.
Please note, I have packed this bag with the intention of staying in hospital at least one night. I had to stay in 2 nights with Lamb due to him not latching and this time I’m a carrier of strep b so we both need checks and to be monitored after he is born, so my guess is I’ll be in 24 hours.
Look out for my hospital bag checklist for my bag coming soon.