I’ve already written a Christmas gift guide for myself (hopefully hubby’s had a look!) but I’ve been thinking about what I want to buy the girls in my family. I normally don’t struggle to buy for my mum etc, but in case you are struggling here’s some ideas for Christmas gifts, to help you out.
I always struggle when it comes to Valentine’s Day gifts for Daddy Lamb. He never wants anything, he doesn’t like the same scents as me, and well, is no help at all with a gift list. So I’ll just have to guess and hope!
I’ve had a look around online and found a few last minute gift ideas for that handsome guy in your life. With next day delivery available on most of these items, there’s still plenty of time to buy something.
1. Novelty underwear is always a quick and easy gift for him. I found these on asos.com. I also find supermarkets really good for novelty underwear and pyjamas etc, so might be worth popping to your local store.
2. There are some really nice watches available on asos.com at the moment. I’ve got a thing about black watches for guys, and I love this one with rose gold detailing. They look fab and are really good value. You can see the selection here.
Asos also offer a huge selection of branded watches, so if you want to splurge a little then there’s still time to treat your man to something a little special.
3. Every guy needs a wallet. Every guy most likely needs a new wallet. I don’t know about your other half, but Daddy Lamb likes to use his wallet until it has holes in it (he’s the same with his shoes) and it really frustrates me! I’m sure he will appreciate one like this Ted Baker leather wallet and get rid of the old tatty one!
4. Daddy Lamb loves a cocktail, and he’s loves making random mixes of different flavours. So what better gift to buy him for Valentines than this quirky bartender book! I may regret buying this when he starts making a different cocktail every night…
I suppose if he’s making them for me I can’t really complain… 😉
5. This is one of my favourite gift ideas, and as you can see it’s something I’ve bought before! This is a giant personalised cookie from Millie’s Cookies. I got this as a wedding present for Daddy Lamb and gave it to him on the morning of our wedding (well the best man gave it to him). Luckily for me he didn’t have time to eat it so we took it away on our mini moon and ate it together! They are absolutely delicious and cost around £20.
7. A night out is always a good present, especially if you have young children at home and don’t get to go our much. Why not treat him to cinema and restaurant vouchers?
8. Aftershave is an obvious choice, but like us girls, everyone loves receiving their favourite scent for a present. I particularly like Only The Brave by Diesel of for guys.
If you’re unsure what to buy, take a look at the ones with the best reviews and go from there.
I hope this list has helped you with some last minute valentines gift inspiration. Remember, with next day delivery there’s no excuse! 😉
With Valentines Day quickly approaching I thought I would write a quick and easy list of Valentines gifts for that special lady in your life. Daddy Lamb and I are both rubbish at buying gifts for Valentines so hopefully these lists will give us both the kick up the bum we need to get buying.
All of these gifts are available to buy online so you have plenty of time to get ordering.
First on my list is a Yankee Candle. Find me a girl who doesn’t like candles and I’ll eat my hat! 😉 Buy for something fruity and sweet and you can’t go wrong. Or something fresh and clean for everyday use (I recommend Baby Powder). You might think these candles are a little pricey but they last for ages and the smells are delicious. I promise, she’ll love it.
In my opinion you can’t have enough perfume. If you are really stuck for ideas, just look at what shes already wearing and either buy that again, or speak to someone at a perfume counter and ask what they would recommend that’s similar. Do not try buy her something without knowing what sort of scent she wears. Daddy Lamb made that mistake a few years ago, and I still have the bottle, full and hardly worn. Such a waste of money. FYI my fave is Lancome La Vie Est Belle.
MAC. Buy her MAC. Simple.
You may think it’s a bit obvious, but a lady loves flowers. Especially when they come with chocolates and diamonds. Amazon have a huge selection and some even offer free delivery. If she’s at work on Valentines Day, why not have them delivered to her at work. You will be sure to pull on those heart strings.
WE LOVE BATHS. Especially if we have young kids and barely time to shower, let alone bath. So buy us some romantic bath bombs and dedicate an evening to pampering. Maybe throw in a glass of bubbly and some chocolate and you will definitely earn some serious hubby points.
If it’s hubby points you’re after, then you definitely should buy her chocolate to eat in the bath. Not just any old chocolates, and certainly not from your local supermarket on your way home from work (grrrrr Daddy Lamb). Find her something special, unusual and that she wouldn’t really by for herself. These pink champagne truffles will make her heart melt (not for long though as she will probably eat them in minutes!)
So there’s my list of quick and easy, last minute Valentines gifts for that special girl in your life. This year is our first Valentines as a married couple. We are baby free and going out! Nothing too exciting. Just a meal and a little bit of Mr. Grey… 😉