Sometimes I find myself day dreaming about where in the world I’d like to visit. I’ve been lucky to travel long haul a couple of times, but I’ve rarely ventured out of Europe. There are a few places still on my bucket list, but I’m going to share with you some of the best places I’ve been lucky enough to travel to. If you’re unsure of the places you might want to visit why not take a quick quiz by Karcher about monuments around the world – it might inspire you.
- First on my list is the Statue of Liberty in New York. I’ve been to Manhattan twice and I absolutely love it. It’s my favourite place I’ve visited and I would go back every year if I could. I dream of one day returning when my kids are grown up to show them the amazing sights and landmarks.
- Another from New York (sorry I couldn’t include only one landmark in this list). The Empire State Building – with a twist. We were given a tip while in NYC, don’t go up the Empire State Building, go up the Rockefeller Centre. That way you can see the whole of the Empire State Building! We did exacyly this and we went up at the perfect time – sunset. I captured some amazing photographs and saw the city light up as it got dark. Stunning.
- Thailand is the furthest I’ve travelled to. 13 hours in total to get to Phuket. I was a little nervous about visiting somewhere so far away and with such a different culture. I don’t have a varied diet so I was worried about eating the food. Turns out Thai food is my favourite and I had no problems eating every day! While in Phuket we visited the Big Buddha. A beautiful landmark of an overwhelming size.
- This may not be as famous as the other landmarks I’ve mentioned but this one holds a special place in my heart. The The Medieval Castle of Paphos in Cyprus is where my husband proposed to me! It was such a beautiful setting for a proposal. My husband wasn’t keen on doing it in public so he was lucky to find a little bench away from the tourists where he could pop the question in private.
- Finally, I can’t write a list of my favourite landmarks without including somewhere in London. A city I love. I’ve been on The London Eye twice. Once when I was on my babymoon when pregnant with Lamb, and again more recently when we went on a press trip with Garfunkles. Lamb absolutley loved it and when he sees a photos he always talks about how much he enjoyed going on it. Sometimes you don’t have to travel to the other side of the world to visit beautiful landmarks and make happy memories.
What are your favourite landmarks or places you’ve visited?