The last time we went on holiday abroad I conceived Jaxson! It’s been soooooooooo long! But holidays have not been a priority to us since Jaxson came along. We just couldn’t afford it. We recently sold our other property (after it being on the market for over 2 years!) so now have a little bit of money in the bank (it won’t last long, we have to pay for our wedding with it!) Daddy Lamb is being very kind and paying for us to go away for 5 nights at the end of the month. This will be Lambs first time on a plane, so we have decided to go on the shortest flight possible, so have opted for somewhere in Spain. Cheap and cheerful!
We haven’t decided what we are doing for our honeymoon yet, but if we do decide to go somewhere long haul, I think it’s a good idea to give Jaxson the experience of travelling on a plane before we stick him on one for 10 hours!
As it’s been so long since I was on holiday abroad my wardrobe is just not up to scratch. Plus, since being pregnant my body shape has changed (when I say body shape I mean my boobs have shrunk – a lot). So none of my bikinis or tops fit. My taste has also changed. Before Lamb I was more quirky and playful, but I have toned this down and have recently become more casual and sophisticated (with a hint of quirky of course).
I have decided to put together a little post of my summer holiday wish list, which will most likely be mainly from ASOS (Vicky and I are a tad addicted to ASOS).
1. After about 5 seconds of browsing on ASOS I stumbled across this winner. LOVE. This is exactly my taste as the moment. Sophisticated with a hint of quirky. Plus I’m obsessed with mix match prints. It retails at £50, which is a little pricey, but it’s something I can wear to work as well as on holiday, so I’ll definitely get a lot of use out of it The one issue I have with jumpsuits, is fitting them on my hips. I’m really pear shaped so I have to go up a size for my hips (most likely a 12), but then the top is way too big. So as much as I love this, I’ll have to wait and see what the fit is like before I buy it.
2. My next item is this amazing leopard print maxi dress. Everyone who knows me, knows I love animal prints, in particular, leopard print. It’s just such an easy print to wear and is really easy to accessorise. For a boho look just add a crochet kimono, plenty of bangles and gladiator sandals. Perfect summer look whether you’re on holiday or not!
3. A pair of denim shorts is an absolute essential for a summer holiday. It’s taken me a while to get the courage to buy myself a pair this summer, but I lost the baby weight and feel like it’s time I got some. These are exactly what I want. Love the ripped detailing and fringed edges.
4. I’ve got a slight obsession with unicorns at the mo, and luckily for me, so do ASOS! SO I’ve snapped up this winning tee perfect for chucking on when my shoulders are burning (which they will be, I’m an English rose!)
6. What’s even more exciting, I’ve found the perfect cover up. A bright white crochet, waterfall cardigan. Mixing trends is huge right now. Wear this over the bright zig-zag bikini to combine graphic print with boho chic. Love it.
7. I’m not a huge jewellry girl. I like jewelry, but I’m a bit lazy with it. I find something Ilike and wear it to death. So I’ll probably only take one set of bracelts with me, to finish off my looks with a bit of bling. I love these mixed bracelets because they offer something for all of my looks. I can mix and match, wear one or wear all of them. Plus theres a bit of neon in there. Have you noticed I like a bit of neon? 😉
8. To finish off my summer holiday wish list, I need the perfect beach bag. Now my holidays include a toddler, there’s loads more stuff to take. This one from Wildfox is exactly what I need. Big and spacious with a zip fastening so I don’t lose any valuables (or so Little Lamb can’t steal them), and the colourings work perfectly with the rest of my wish list.
So where are we off to?
We have just booked a 5 night All Inclusive holiday to Costa Del Sol and I can’t wait!! Now to order everything on my wish list…
I’ve got my fingers crossed!! Wish me luck.